Today, almost every person is a smartphone user and maximum smartphone users use Android phones. For our generation, we can't live without our phones and suppose if it gets stolen or lost then? And what if the phone is very costly? Don't worry. I am going to tell you a way to track the exact location of a lost android phone. This doesn't guarantee that you will get your phone back but at least you can know at which place your phone is being used and can even lock your phone and erase all the data remotely. If you know the location of your phone then it becomes easy for the investigator to get to the person who is using the stolen phone. So, let us start the tutorial:
1. The first thing you need is to install the Android Device Manager in your phone and set it as the phone administrator (this will help you to lock your phone and erase the data). Generally, all new android phones come with Android Device Manager pre installed, but if you don't have Android Device Manager installed in your phone, you can download and install it from this playstore link.
2. Now to make it the phone administrator, open phone settings > security > device administrators > Android Device Manager. (All android users must keep this setting enabled in their phone for future tracking)
3. Now its time to track the location of the phone. Open your browser and visit this link.
4. Now login using the gmail id which you used with your phone for google services like playstore, gmail etc.
5. After logging in, you will see that Android Device Manager is tracking the location of your phone and very soon, you will get the location of your phone in the map with a blue circle.
6. That's it. Now you know where your phone is at that time. You can ring your phone, lock it or erase it using the control buttons of Android Device Manager as shown in the image below.
So next time, if you loose your phone or want to help your friend in tracking his/her lost phone, don't forget to give this trick a try. If the lost phone is connected with internet and is GPS enabled phone, then it will be tracked easily.
Other great tools to track your lost phone:
Enjoy tracking the location of lost phones and keep visiting for more tricks.