In outlook, I have noticed that after configuring a gmail account, the sign in box pops up and asks for the password everytime and even after entering the correct password also, it pops up again and again. So many users think that it's an issue with outlook but NO, it's not the issue with outlook. There is a setting in your google account which needs to be changed to fix this issue. Sometimes, it pops up the following error message also:
To fix this issue, just follow the steps below:
- Open your web browser and sign into your gmail account.
- Now open the Sign-in & Security page of google account, click here to open: CLICK THIS LINK
- If two step verification is ON, then turn it off.
- If "Allow Less Secured Apps" option is OFF, turn it ON.
- Now you may close your web browser and open outlook again, it will not popup for password.