Windows 10 and office 2016/365 have got so many bugs and even after installing update fixes frequently it seems that Microsoft is not able to completely fix all the issues with it's new software. So many users are reporting that they are facing a strange issue with outlook 2016. After launching outlook 2016, it just gets stuck on launching screen and just says processing and never goes ahead of the blue launch screen. Well, users have reported that they tried everything which a normal user can do like online repair, uninstalling and re-installing office etc but the issue was still not resolved.
Why is this glitch there with outlook, I can't say but to fix this, you just need 4 seconds. Really, I'm not kidding. The fix works with all the Windows 8/8.1/10 devices. For windows 7, this fix doesn't work and you need to follow another process. Let's see how to fix this glitch in outlook.
Outlook 2016 stuck on launch screen : Fix it in Windows 8/8.1/10 computers
- Right click on Start button and click RUN or press Windows+R keys together from your keyboard to open RUN box.
- Now in the RUN box, type outlook /safe and click OK.
- It will launch outlook and will ask you to select profile, just click OK and outlook will be launched in safe mode.
- That's it. Now close outlook and open outlook normally, it will not get stuck on launch screen.
Outlook 2016 stuck on launch screen : Fix it in Windows 7 computers
First try the previous method and if that doesn't work (the second fix works with all Windows versions), then try the following steps:
- Open control panel and search for Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016) and open it.
- Now click Show Profiles... button.
- Now you will see the name of the mail profile configured in your computer. Generally it's Outlook. Click Add... button and type the name of the new profile as Test and click Ok.
- After that, it will ask you to configure an email address. Just go ahead and configure any email address.
- That's it. Now close the mail app and control panel.
- Now press Windows+R keys together to open RUN box and then type Outlook /profiles and click OK.
- Now outlook will be launched and it will ask you to select profile. Click the dropdown menu and select Test and click OK.
- Outlook will be launched. Now close outlook and then re-open outlook normally, it will not stuck on the launching screen.
In this way, you can fix outlook launching issue without loosing any outlook information. For more tips and tricks keep visiting my site.