VLC media player. If you are a windows media player lover and want to play all your video files in windows media player only, then I have a cool way to share with you. Follow the steps given below to run MKV files in windows media player without any errors.
- The first thing you need is an updated version of Windows Media player. But if you are using newer versions of Windows, then you don't need to update your windows media player.
- We need video codec pack to make Windows Media Player run MKV and other video files. So, download codec pack for windows media player from this link. Choose the direct download link as shown in the image below:
- Now run the downloaded file and install it in your computer. While installation, don't run windows media player to make the installation and integration error free.
- After codec pack is installed, restart your computer.
- That's it. You can play mkv files with windows media player.